Our understanding of the global need to act, and the state of renewable energy policy and news are rapidly evolving in Oregon, nationally and internationally. This monthly resource will keep you up-to-date with what's new both in OREP and renwewable energy convesations from around the planet.
From local communities to national policy decisions, informed and engaged citizens will advance the transition to locally-owned and locally-generated clean renewable energy. We encourage you to check back regularly.
Policy News: RE Policy Innovation
Solar, Will You Marry Me? (For a Contract Period of 20 Years); Laurel Passera, Renewable Energy World, February 14, 2014
RE News: Energy
Stanford scientist to unveil 50-state plan to transform US to renewable energy; Phys.org, Stanford University, Feb 15, 2014
The Solutions Project - state-by-state roadmap to 100% renewables
Study: How wind energy can improve grid reliability; Martin LaMonica, Midwest Energy News, 01/28/2014
OREP's Vision for a sustainable, decentralized energy future:
- A sustainable economy with family-wage, energy jobs throughout the state
- Farmers, ranchers, tribes, and rural communities harnessing Oregon's abundant and varied renewable resources
- Private and community ownership of solar panels across the built environment
- Local financing of renewable energy projects keeping energy dollars recirculating in Oregon
- Flourishing renewable energy industries across the state
- Energy-informed voter support for renewable energy
- A healthy environment, minimally impacted by energy production